If you are like me, then you must have so many ideas for projects you want to create and share with the world and of course get compensated for it.
You have these beautiful visions to create an e-course for example or a product or service and you are excited .
You start but never seem to have enough time during the day to focus on it due to the demands of the day, so you never get a chance to build momentum and really make things move.
As time waits for no one, your beautiful vision which is eager to be birth gets shoved to the sideline and gradually forget about it.
Do you relate with this? Can you imagine how painful it is not to start a task to finish.
Do you know that every time you leave a task uncompleted, your confidence in your abilities diminishes?
Does this mean that you are not smart or good enough? Absoutely not?
It simply means that you lack the willingness and discipline to get things done.I have been gulity of that too. So you are not alone.
Can you imagine how much more successful and how many more creative projects you would have released to the workd if you would have completed all your projects?
Well Guess what?
Give Yourself A Mighty Break! The beautiful thing about life is that we always have a chance to start over each day.
Here are 8 Tips for Getting Things Done –
1. Envision It -See it, Write it down, plan and desing it
2. Start – Carve time out to work on it daily and schedule that time in your calendar. Block out distractions as you work.
3. Work With What You Got – Write down a list of resources you need to complete the project . You will be surprised how may resources you have at your beck and call. Use what you got and ask for support. You have no excuse for not starting.
4. Loose The Need To Make It Perfect – Kick perfection out of the door. It is a dream chaser. I have been know to always want things done to perfection and I spent so much time redoing projects that should have been completed within a short period time. You can always tweak or make changes when you are done OR after the project is released.
5. Build Momentum – You gain momentune as you consistently work on your project or goals. Energy goes where your focus is. Work on it and see how many ideas and people show up to support you.
6. Give Yourself Permision – It is your vison, your creation waiting to be birth by you , it is uniquely yours. No one else hs to understand what you are creating or why you are creating it but you. You ONLy need your permission to see it throught to the end.It is ALL about You.
7. Finish It – It is done and wating to be released to the world. It is time to celebrate your accomplishment. I usually celebrate my wins by going to the spa for a deep tissue massage.
8. Release it – Share your beautiful creation with the world and the people who need it will show up.
These are some of the ways I get things done in Maryland where I live. Do you have any strategies you use to ensure that you start a project to completion? Please share your comments below.
To your success,